I’ve got an exciting new project to tell you about today. We’ve just launched a new project that’s been under wraps for the last 6-12 months – YourJobsBoard.co.uk
Over the last ten years we’ve worked closely with many recruitment companies in the South West and especially in Exeter where we are based. We’ve built lots of recruitment based websites and been involved in online marketing strategy for many more in that time. Many of them have become good friends of mine.
We recognise what makes a successful recruitment company work and what it’s challenges are. One of the biggest marketing challenges all recruitment companies have is accessing the best candidates and they quite often pay through the nose for this service. Traditionally job ads were placed in newspapers (which cost a fortune), now much of the searching is done online. On average an independent recruitment company in a town like Exeter will have to pay and access CV’s from at least two or three of the large job websites. These sites are (in our opinion) fairly faceless and also quite expensive but they are a necessity for our clients because they attract the candidates to the roles they need to fill.
Roll on YourJobsBoard.co.uk – We’re all about local at Optix and this has certainly been my focus for the last couple of years. We do a lot of work across the UK but as former graduates of the University in Exeter and having built our business here, we are very fond of the area and want to promote local growth in the economy where possible.
About a year ago I had the idea of building a local jobs board to take on the nationals (well sort of). I thought to myself, why don’t we build a jobs board for Exeter, purely aimed at Exeter recruitment agents (of which there are over 120!), Exeter companies and Exeter Candidates. I’m pleased to say that my fellow director James and the guys at Optix got behind me and created the fantastic new site at http://www.yourjobsboard.co.uk
Here are a couple of reasons behind my thinking:
1) It’s Niche – In the current economy it’s important to focus – working in a niche is more important that spreading yourself thinly – you are far more likely to get better results this way
2) Relevancy – If we can build a site that is so relevant to Exeter then it should be able to gain traction in the search engines and show the most relevant results to both candidates and companies alike, helping the local economy
The idea of YourJobsBoard.co.uk was born. Initially I went to our recruitment agent clients and sounded them out about the idea. They loved it and helped us hugely with new ideas and challenges to overcome. It felt like true collaboration and showed the power of building a product alongside your clients rather than for them without any input. Consider whether you could build any of your products and services with your clients?
What makes the concept unique?
There are a number of factors that make this unique – here are just a few:
- A truly local jobs board for a local market
- Integrated with Social Media – A candidate can link up their Twitter Feed/LinkedIn and Blog if they have them
- Candidates can also use video to promote themselves
- It’s completely free for recruiters to post jobs (over 10)
- Recruiters can add tips and career advice for free
- It’s linked up with the local University to promote their job schemes
How you can help?
Without the people of Exeter behind this it will be a far harder job to take on the nationals so please tell people wherever possible about this new and exciting jobs board. If you know people looking for work, make sure they register and if you have a placement then get it online – it’s free after all. If you know recruitment agencies please pass the message on that there’s a new Jobs Board in town.
The address is http://www.yourjobsboard.co.uk
If you have any feedback then as always I’d love to hear it.